Almond milk is a nutritious drink full of healthy benefits. It is low in calory and sugar where the calcium, vitamin E, and vitamin D ratios are quite high in it. It is a tasty alternative of regular cow milk and hence a great option easily available for the people with lactose intolerance. People who are vegan or tend to avoid dairy products for any other reason can also opt for the same.
One can drink almond milk daily like regular milk. One can also add some cereal or coffee, mix with smoothies or shakes. It can be used whilst making ice-cream or any other milk-based products as well. The unique feature of this drink is that one doesn’t need to refrigerate almond milk. Carry this magic potion with you wherever you want and find it in perfect condition in room temperature.
Proven Health Benefits Of Almond Milk
1. Almond milk is generally unsweetened in nature. This already makes the milk a low calory product. Almond milk contains up to 80% fewer calories than regular dairy milk and hence a great drink for anyone trying to lose some pounds.
2. The same feature makes the drink naturally low in sugar as well. So, people with restricting sugar intake in their diet, or people with diabetes can easily opt for this. Make sure to check the pack before buying though once as sweet almond milk variations are also available.
3. As mentioned above it is high in vitamin E. One cup (240 ml) of almond milk can provide 20–50% of daily vitamin E requirement to an adult. Vitamin E is a known antioxidant and helps in reducing inflammation.
4. Almond milk also fulfils one’s daily requirement of calcium. A cup of the drink can supply 20–45% of the daily requirements of calcium to a person. Thus, it strengthens the bone health and prevents the chance osteoporosis in future.
5. Vitamin D is another good supplement that Almond milk provides. Per serving (one cup/240ml) can easily provide about a quarter of the recommended daily intake. Deficiency of vitamin D is a huge problem and regular intake of almond milk can be helpful.
6. Up to 75% of the world’s population is lactose intolerant and here comes the naturally lactose-free drink to their rescue. It is also suitable for the vegans as it is completely plant-based. People having dairy allergy can try this too because of its low-protein nature.
7. There’s no cholesterol or saturated fat in almond milk. Moreover, it has healthy fats and so it is good for the heart and reduces the chances of heart disease. Almond milk has much lower sodium compared to other milk available in the market. So this tasty drink becomes an easy alternative for the people with chronic kidney disease too.
For Healthy Food update, Follow Wat-Not on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram