Lasagna is one of the most famous Italian dishes in the world. This is a kind of flat pasta, coming in the form of stacked layers. From Jim Davis’ Garfield to high school kids, lasagna is loved by everyone. Added to it, if the lasagna comes with a vegan recipe, then it becomes something with the capacity of injecting joy and sonorous enthusiasm into anybody. You will find the best combination of taste and health in vegan lasagna. This neat free, dairy-free dish of lasagna comes with tofu ricotta, which will make you feel heaven. So, let’s look into the mouth-watering recipe for vegan lasagna.
Ingredients For the Vegan Lasagna
- 12 whole-grain lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini
- Sliced mushroom
- Frozen thawed spinach
- Marinara sauce
Ingredients For The Tofu Ricotta
- Drained and pressed tofu (extra firm),
- 1 cup of roasted garlic hummus,
- Natural yeast,
- Fresh basil,
- Sea salt,
- Garlic powder.
Directions to make Vegan Lasagna
- The first thing you have to do to prepare vegan lasagna is preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then take a big bowl. Pour some water added with salt in it. Add the whole grain noodles in it and boil it properly.
- Take oil in a medium-sized pan. Heat oil in it in a medium flame. After the oil will become hot, add zucchini and mushrooms to it. Fry them with salt and pepper for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add spinach to it. Heating it for 5 minutes, take the pan away from the oven.
- Drain the tofu and keep it in a large vessel. Add hummus, yeast, basil, salt, and garlic powder. Crumble it with your hands until it becomes semi-smooth.
- Take around one and a half cups of marinara in a vessel. Place 4 noodles on the marinara put in the vessel. Take half of the vegetable mixture and half of the ricotta mixture. Pour it on the noodles. Top it with around one and a half cups of sauce. Repeat it with 3 or 4 layers of noodles, veggies, and sauce.
- Boil it covering in a foil.
So, here, your vegan lasagna is ready.