Being vegan doesn’t mean that you deprive yourself of all sorts of delicacies and foodie delight. Again vegan diet is gaining popularity with each passing day. Veganism makes you travel a few miles more compared to a vegetarian. Vegans keep themselves away from fish, meat and eggs. Not only that but they also have banned themselves from any sorts of animal products as well. This means stay away from milk, butter and various other animal derivatives. But this doesn’t mean that you have to compromise with your tongue. You can also experiment a lot with your vegan diet.
Explore foods in a vegan style!
In this article, we are trying to cater to you something nice and good. Let’s try vegan cupcakes. Well, your immediate prime concern should be the absence of milk and eggs. These two are the chief ingredients for any baking session.
Now get set started for vegan baking. Take our words and you are going to serve your guests, family and friends with real dessert pleasures. Stop wondering and begin your venture.
• Almond or Soy Milk (1 cup or 240 ml)
• Cider Vinegar (15 ml)
• Vegan Butter or margarine or sunflower spread (112 g)
• Castor sugar (200g)
• Baking powder (1 tsp)
• Flour (1 ¾ cups)
• Vanilla Extract (2 tsp)
• Use icing sugar, vegan butter , vanilla extract and vegan food colours (few drops) for buttercream
Alternative of eggs
The thought of baking cakes without eggs may make you a bit sceptical but this won’t tasteless tasty. Few effective alternatives of eggs include few options. Tofu or flash seeds can be alternative of eggs. Add water to the flax seeds to form a thickened base. Again tofu combined with banana is also a good choice. These form the base of the baking and helps to obtain that condensed texture. Soya milk, yogurt, vegetable puree are yet another good choices.
Vegan Cheesecakes: Easy To Make Best Vegan Cheesecakes Recipe
Supplement of Milk
Now there already have been enough supplements of milk available in the markets. Animal originated milk can easily be replaced by soya or almond.
Butter has an easy alternative. This is better known as margarine. It has a similar kind of texture and also bear similar taste and flavour. In certain recipes, butter is again replaced by vegetable oil or canola. Be careful in case of quantity if you are using oil.
Tips to Remember
• While making the batter stay cautious so that you don’t end up over stirring the batter. Just combine both the dry and wet ingredients together. It is advised to stay away from an electric mixer.
• First when you are done with your dry ingredients add the wet ones. In absence of eggs, soda and baking powder are supposed to do the wonder. But let the mixture when they are ready to go inside the oven.
• Flavour extracts are preferable over synthetic extracts to avoid that artificial taste.
• Appearance is also important. So don’t make your cupcakes look messy by filling the cases up to the brim.
• Offer some resting and cooling period to the cakes before you gulp them down. This helps to retain the perfect soft spongy nature of the cakes.
• For better heat distribution and airflow keep your tray full of cupcakes in the middle of the oven. Make sure to remove the cupcakes away from the tray as soon as you take this out so they are not overcooked.
For Healthy Food update, follow Wat-Not on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram