The green smoothie is one the most healthy drinks you can have in your breakfast. It is easy to make, best for beginners to try their hands on smoothie! It just takes 5 minutes to make and with only 4 ingredients.
Making Green Smoothies does not need to measure the amount of protein you need to give or how many fruits you need to chop! It is hence time savior recipe. As it is made with a lot of greens, it will have protein.
Meal Prep Green Smoothie
Smoothie is something which needs to be served fresh, that means, directly from the blender. Hence, the first thing you should do is, stock your freezer with frozen fruits. Fruits that are generally needed to freeze are:
- Bananas: Smoothies are supposed to be sweet and creamy. Banana has this property of natural sweetness and gives a creamy texture when blended.
- Frozen Fruit: 1 cup of frozen fruit alongside frozen banana is something significant. It enhances the taste, also thickens the smoothie. Frozen fruits are necessary to avoid ice in smoothie. The ice generally waters down the flavor of the smoothie, making it dull.
Fruits You Can Use In Green Smoothie
Remember, when you are making a green smoothie, the color of the smoothie is supposed to be green. Therefore, the use of Blueberries, black grapes, cherries needs to be avoided for Green Smoothie. There are fruits you can add in Green Smoothies, they are:
The Greens You Can Use In Green Smoothie
If you are a beginner in making Green Smoothie, then stick to spinach. But there are other options too. Let us see which other Greens you can use in Green Smoothie:
- Swiss Chard
- Beet Greens
- Carrot tops
- Collard greens
Ingredients For Green Smoothies
- Unsweetened Almond Milk – 1 ½ cups
- Spinach – 2 cups
- Banana – 1
- Frozen fruit – 1 cup
Directions To Make Green Smoothie
- In a mixer grinder, put all the ingredients.
- Blend all of them at a low speed and keep increasing the speed to high.
- Keep blending them for 50-60 seconds more until they are smooth.
- Pour the Green Smoothie in the glass directly from the blender.
So here is the gateway to beginners’ hand on Green Smoothies! Enjoy!